INFO FOR OUR NEW GROUPON famELHY!
(SCROLL DOWN FOR NORMAL HOMEPAGE)
you for purchasing a Groupon for East Lansing Hot Yoga! We are thrilled
to have you visit the studio, take our classes, meet our teachers and
become a part of this amazing community.
HOW TO REDEEM YOUR GROUPON
Groupons must be redeemed in the studio either with the Groupon voucher printed out on paper showing the bar code or by showing your voucher from your smartphone using the Groupon mobile app.
SIGN UP FOR A CLASS
We highly encourage you to sign up ahead of time for your classes, but you can also show up at the studio at least 15 minutes early. To help you pre-register, we created an options to allow you to sign up for classes before you get to the studio to redeem your Groupon.
To sign up for a class please follow these steps:
1) Create a login if you are new to East Lansing Yoga or sign in if you already have a MindBody account with us.
2) Sign up for class by clicking on the "Sign up now" button next to the class you would like to attend.
3) Click on the ELHY Groupon package that you purchased online from the list below and then click on the "checkout" button:
1) Bring your Groupon to your first class either printed out or on your phone so that we can redeem it. PLEASE have your Groupon with you to attend your first class. Do not hit the redeem button yourself or the Groupon will be invalid. Please give your printout or phone to one of our staff members so that they can make sure it is redeemed correctly.
2) Arrive early to get acquainted with studio and take care of the paperwork. In the first few weeks after the Groupon deal starts, expect classes to be fuller than normal, so signing up ahead of time using our MindBody scheduling system or the MindBody Connect app from your smart phone is definitely encouraged. Please note that you must check in at the studio at least 15 minutes before the class start time to hold your reservation. If you are running late, give us a call (333-9642) so that we don’t give your spot away to a walk-in. In the event that a class reaches its capacity, we apologize in advance for the possibility of not having space for everyone wishing to attend that particular class. We promise to do our best to make space for all potential students!!
3) Your First Class: Please review our studio etiquette and FAQ page where you will find helpful tips to be prepared for class and the culture of ELHY. What to bring: your voucher with the bar code printed on it (or phone app), yourself, a mat and yoga/beach towel if you already own one (we have them for rent if you don’t), water, and a smile :).
What classes are the Groupon yoga class passes good for?
Groupon promotions are valid for all regular hot yoga classes at East Lansing Hot Yoga. Firefly Hot Yoga Bar classes, workshops, and special events are not
included. After you've used your Groupon, you can buy our two weeks of unlimited yoga for $20 or any other package, and enjoy classes at both studios.
What if I sign up for class and can't make it - will my Groupon still be used?
We ask that if you can't make it to a class that you cancel online or from your phone using the MindBody Connect app as soon as you can so that we can open those spots up to other students, but don't worry about your package being used up before you get a chance to take a class as your package won't start until you actually take a class!
Here at EAST LANSING HOT YOGA, we offer a wonderfully diverse staff of eminently qualified and tremendously talented teachers who lovingly share their practice with you. Every teacher has a different style, so try them all, find your favorites, and settle in. In most of our classes (Spartan Power Fusion being the exception-it's 50% strength and 50% yoga, on average), you will find a series of yoga postures and vinyasa flow that promote strength, balance, and flexibility, along with an emphasis on slow, deep breathing, all designed to provide a challenging, invigorating, rejuvenating, and blissful yoga experience.
During our sixty, seventy five, and ninety minute classes, we promise you will work every muscle, tendon, ligament, joint, and internal organ in your body, giving you an incredible sense of radiant health and well-being.
All of our classes are conducted in a wonderfully hot and humid room. We take our heat, and your safety seriously-in fact, in the three and a half years we've been open, only one person has passed out in the room, a 20 year old girl who'd only eaten a banana all day (she floated to the floor, came to in a few seconds, and was fine!)
Begin with our irresistible on-going special of two weeks of unlimited yoga for only $20 and start feeling the benefits right away.
Whatever your age, injury, or prior yoga experience (if any), our yoga will benefit your body and mind in ways you never imagined possible.
And as we go into our fourth year, we've made a few (more) client inspired changes:
All classes on Wednesdays are still sixty minutes long, and now Tuesday and Thursday are mostly 75 minute classes!
More one hour and 75 minute classes have been our most oft requested schedule tweak, but we still take our signature 90 minute classes seriously, and you can find them on Mondays, Fridays and weekends.
For your budget yoga fix, we have $5 classes at 6am on Tuesday and Thursday, 8am on Saturday, and noon and 4pm on Sunday, in addition to our Saturday free class.
And at least once every day is our most popular, challenging, and life changing class, "Kick Your Asana!"
As you can imagine, it is a consistently challenging class, and you're welcome to tell the teacher to ramp it up a bit if you think she or he or he is picking daisies rather than training future Olympic gold in the newly designated yoga category! (you may want to bring an extra towel, and please come well hydrated and have at least a quart sized bottle of water).
And for the beginner, we have a $5 "Warming up to hot yoga" classes on Sunday's at 4:00pm, though beginners are welcome at every class. Really.
If you're new to yoga, are nervous about the heat, and maybe a little bit out of shape....or if you've done yoga a million times, are training for a triathlon, and really just want some gentle stretching without much sweat, "Warming up to hot yoga" is the class for you.
But, trust us, darlings, every class we offer can be a beginners class, if you remember to stay with your breath, do what feels right for your body, sit or lie down whenever you need to, and as we were all there once, remind yourself that beginner's mind is a beautiful and exciting place to be-enjoy!
We'll see you on the mat-
Well, as soon as I finish this one last thing!